Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Waters ENT Sinus & Allergy is here to help with sleep disordered breathing. The problems can vary:
- Pediatric snoring and or bedwetting that can be caused by obstructive sleep apnea, usually secondary to large tonsils and adenoids.
- Work performance can be compromised due to sleepiness / poor sleep.
- Obstructive breathing can complicate or endanger patients with multiple medical problems (i.e. with weight gain and cardiovascular disease).
- A driver’s job can be jeopardized due to sleepiness while driving.
- Snoring can annoy others in a household.
Snoring and sleep apnea are both related to narrowing and blockage of the upper airway. This can be alleviated at times by addressing the obstruction (tonsils, adenoids, polyps). Often, however, further workup (i.e. sleep study) is needed with other treatment modalities necessary.